Thursday, April 23, 2009

Planting Flowers...

I've always known Parks was an outdoorsman! He loves everything about being outside. He would camp outside if we would let him!! Maybe when he gets a little older Will can build him a treehouse and he can spend as much time as he wants out there! Well yesterday while he was at school I picked up a couple of planters and Forget Me Not Roses to plant. I thought this would be a fun activity for both of us! The planters are heavy and the soil is even heavier!! So when you pour the soil into the planters and add a little water to it, you can hardly lift the planters to position them. Well thank goodness I had my super-duper handy outdoorsman on hand! Parks was eager to come outside and help me plant our new flowers! He put on his gardening gear and got to work! He loved my gardening gloves, he kept calling tham "hands" - and he wanted to do all the work BY HIMSELF! Can't argue with that! And I think he did a great job! He really enjoyed watering the flowers! He LOVED to fill the planters all the way up and watch the potting soil spill out everywhere! What a mess! He had a great time helping!

No comments:

Post a Comment