Thursday, April 9, 2009

Great Day to be Outdoors...

As I was putting Parks to bed last night I explained to him that if he would "hurry and go to sleep...we can hurry and go to the park in the morning!" (Parks isn't the easiest child to put to bed, and I blame that on myself. He has a bit of the spoiled-child-syndrome! We have a routine at night that involves reading several books, saying prayers and rubbing his back through 2 songs! Will has been helping me do the first phase of the "Parks Hickman bedtime routine" and I will come in and do the final phase - kiss good night and rub his back through 2 songs - Well last night, as most nights, he wasn't ready for me to leave after the 2nd song. So I told him that if he hurry's and falls asleep it will be morning and we can go to the park! Telling him what the next day's activities include has been a great way to escape his room at night! I tell him the sooner he falls asleep, the sooner a new day begins and what is on our agenda. So he's eager to to close his eyes, as long as he has his firetruck next to him. Whatever it takes...

So this morning I got all 3 kids ready to venture out to a neighborhood park at Mulder UMC - about 10 minutes from our house. As soon as we pulled in the parking lot...he was super pumped! We had a wonderful day, despite the millions of bumble bees we had to dodge while we were there. The twins enjoyed their first park activity outside the stroller - they got to enjoy the swing for the very first time. There was no greater joy than watching the smiles on their faces!! Parks was a sweet big brother...he helped push them a few times in the swing...and he really enjoyed that! We absolutely love this weather and take advantage of getting outside and enjoying it before the summer brings in the dreaded heat!!

What a beautiful spring day it is today! God is so good!!





No comments:

Post a Comment